Partnering for a Meaningful Life
Our passion for keeping the elderly in their own homes and providing fulfilling work to our employees provides us a limitless opportunity to positively impact the lives of others.
About Black Stone
Above all else, we care for our clients with understanding and gentleness. This is demonstrated in our extra personal attention, careful listening, and thoughtful responses. The Home Care by Black Stone professionals have integrity, excellent character, and great respect for our clients and their families.
Since 1996, Black Stone has been a leader in providing the elderly and disabled with companionship, housekeeping, and non-medical services in Ohio. Our nurses, therapists, and home care associates are people with a passion to make life easier for our clients. We serve clients in Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Toledo and surrounding areas in Ohio.
- Opened in Dayton as a staffing and home care business
- Opened first satellite office in Springfield, followed by Xenia
- Made decision to focus solely on home care business
- Became Medicare certified
- Expanded to Cincinnat region
- First acquisition
- Purchase of MJ Nursing Registry, forming MJ Nursing by Black Stone business line
- Expanded to Columbus region
- Strategic partnership with Warren County Community Services (Cincinnati Region)
- Joint venture with Episcopal Retirement Homes (Cincinnati and Dayton region)
- Joint venture with Life Enriching Communities (Cincinnati region) and Primrose Retirement Communities (Central Ohio region)
- Purchased Advanced Geriatric Education & Consulting (AGE), forming House Calls by Black Stone – Cincinnati & Dayton, OH
- Expanded to Toledo Region – largest acquisition to date with purchase of Nursing Resources Corporation.