Psychiatric Home Care Nurse / Psych RN
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Work Schedule: Full time, flexible
The Psychiatric Home Care Nurse / Psych RN is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect psychiatric/medical client care services under a physician’s plan of care and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Black Stone Home Healthcare, Ohio’s professional standards, and regulatory entities.
Psychiatric Home Care Nurse / Psych RN Job Duties:
- Complies with ethical and professional standards of conduct as set forth by the American Nurses Association and adheres to Black Stone Home Healthcare policies and procedures and applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Makes the initial psychiatric/medical assessment and documents appropriately and completes forms necessary for the start of care and has a good understanding of the OASIS assessments.
- Regularly re-evaluates the client’s needs and provides those services requiring nursing skills,inclusive of but not limited to psychiatric, medication administration, specimen collection,treatments.
- Assists the client and his/her family to utilize existing resources in the home environment or refer client and family to community agencies and act as an intermediary for the client as necessary.
- Prepares the assignment for the home health aide based on the clients needs and supervises the care provided by the home health aide.
- Attends appropriate case conferences and meetings that are scheduled.
- Plans for client’s discharge, and prepares discharge summary and instructions.
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures in the home.
- Participates in clinical record review/audits to ensure compliance with client needs,Physician’s orders, Federal, State, Local, and OSHA regulations, as applicable.
Psychiatric Home Care Nurse / Psych RN Job Benefits:
Black Stone offers competitive salary and a benefit package that includes the following:
- Pay is per diem
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (if eligible)
- Vacation (if eligible)
- 401(k) retirement plan
Black Stone’s history of quality service, commitment to community, and opportunity for growth, could provide you with the ideal work environment.
- Registered Nurse with an Ohio license
One year of med-surg experience
- RN with a Diploma or Associate degree and licensed in the State of Ohio with two years recent psych nursing experience (recommended within the last three years) or;
- RN with a Bachelor’s degree and licensed in the State of Ohio with one year recent psych nursing experience (recommended within the last three years) or;
- RN with a Master’s degree with a specialty in psychiatric or mental health nursing and licensed in the State of Ohio with recent psych nursing experience (recommended within the last three years)
- Has worked as a psychiatric home care professional nurse at least 1 year within the last 2 year, supervisory experience preferred
- Approved by Palmetto as a psych nurse per Medicare guidelines
- CPR certification desirable
- Access to utilization of public or private transportation system
- Ability to lift, push, pull light to moderate loads
- Read, write, and communicate in English
- Knowledgeable of psychiatric nursing and medical practices, procedures, regulations and guidelines that pertain to home health care.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, move intermittently throughout the work day, inclusive of sitting, standing and bending, pushing, pulling, or moving objects and clients.
- Must demonstrate a stable work history
Home Care by Black Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer